Hello in this post I'd like to share with you some of the messages I've received lately from people missing data from hard drives and smartphones.
- I have an external hard drive, which has become unresponsive so I am unable to get the files from it. I've taken it into shops who have tried to put the drive in a new external drive and also a docking station. Neither have worked so they believe the problem is with the hardware. The motor on the drive is also not working. I have lots of files, particularly photos that I am desperate to recover, and I am told my only hope is with a specialist. I live in the Maidstone area (Leybourne) and was wondering if this might be something you could help with?
- Western Digital 250Gb 2.5" HDD WD2500BEVT -00A0RT0 became slow to access while i was tidying up prior to kicking off a new cloud sync. (talk about timing…!) Wish I'd found this page first as been trying to recover first with a Chkdsk then with Linux recovery (Knoppix). Knoppix will not mount drive. Disk does get seen by windows but will not access to a point that explorer hangs and resets (working with Win10). tried using across sata and with an external usb doc to no success. Drive contains ~40Gb of images.
- My daughter has a document of which is extremely important as it is for her GCSE of which has to be submitted this week and the document has disappeared. It was written on an Apple Mac powerbook in Pages and when she tried to access it yesterday an automatic message appeared to update Pages and when she did this it would not allow her to open it, with an error message saying The Alias cannot be found, we called Apple and they told us to update the operating system to El Capitan of which we have done and now the document has completely disappeared, please can you let me know if this is something that you can help us with urgently
- I have an external hard drive which has been damaged due to a fall and now won't read any data. Would it be possible for me to drop it off at your office for a survey/repair?
- WD 2 TB external hard drive doesn't power up right and clicking noise is audible. Suspected head issue.
- Prestige portable hard drive 31868600 lighting up but disc not turning, possibly 500gb not sure. Looking to recover family photos, word and excel docs.
- Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Was damaged when dropped and further damaged by repair company 'fixing' screen. Unit is dead and contains unique photos including new baby. Phone is in Aberdeen.
As usual I can usually resolve the problems on these devices so get in touch for more details.